I got the boy off to work and then went back to sleep for a while.
I have been eyeing up Carrots n Cake's-Oatmeal minus the Oats
And wow it did not disappoint!
“Oatmeal” Minus the Oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together egg whites and almond milk and then stir in walnuts, ground flax, banana, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; blend well.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Top with berries, nut butter, seeds, or whatever else your little heart desires.
This was such a great meal and the best fuel for my 14km run I had scheduled!
I felt good for the first 10km but at that time I made a turn and went head first into the stupid wind. Knocked that last bit of energy I had right out of me! Damn.....
I finished in 1hr 21 minutes....not too good at all considering I have a half marathon in 4 freaking weeks......Got some work to do girl!